I think it's dirty that I'm stealing something I read on another blog. But I like it, and I want to tuck it somewhere I can read it over and over again. I'll pretend my blog is my own little Pinterest.
Do you ever feel that restlessness inside of you? I was so blessed today by the sermon at church this morning out of Numbers 11. A missionary on deputation spoke, quite candidly, on "The Land Between" here and the Promised Land. And he assured us, that indeed, God is faithful. How often in my personal AND professional life have I heard God asking me, "Andrea, do you trust me?" He's provided, he's been faithful. And he still continues to ask. And he reminds me I'm stubborn. And he continues to break me and grow me. I'm thankful, so much so, for his patience. I'm thankful, too, for this missionary who spoke straight from his heart, and didn't take the traditional missionary message telling us all to be missionaries. I think this dude is cool. More later on that.
Paul Tripp on Psalms 27
"Waiting on God isn't about the suspension of meaning and
purpose. It's part of the meaning and purpose that God has brought into
my life. Waiting on God isn't to be viewed as an obstruction in the
way of the plan. Waiting is an essential part of the plan. For the child of God, waiting isn't simply about what I'll receive at the end of my wait. No, waiting is much more purposeful, efficient, and practical than that. Waiting is fundamentally about what I'll become as I wait. God is using the wait to do in and through me exactly what He's promised. Through the wait He's changing me. By means of the wait He's altering the fabric of my thoughts and desires. Through the wait He's causing me to see and experience new things about Him and His kingdom.
And all of this sharpens me, enabling me to be a more useful tool in His redemptive hands."
I'm officially a follower!! But, I expect all your charts to be done before you post on here! Love you, Andrea!
ReplyDeleteBaaah. Aallll may be a stretch if you want to hear from me again!
ReplyDeleteI just catching up on your blog. That was a true blue realty sermon that morning! I'm into real and to say it's hard sometimes, a lot of the time, but God is faithful. More than a few years back had the opportunity to sit in on weekend training with Paul Tripp as the main speaker. Great teacher!
ReplyDelete