So. I must apologize for the small "nap" my blog has been taking. Here's my story.
The last couple weeks have been so busy. Catching up at work has yet to happen since my doctor had went on vacation. (Tangent: Actually, the whole reason I propped up the computer right now was to do some of my electronic charts. Not to blog. Work clearly isn't happening, though.) I've had some ups and downs at work-it's so very hard not to bear some of the pain and trials of my patients. Since I've last updated I lost one of my most dear patients. I've had 3 people that I've broken the "C" word to. And I must have given the "you have allergies"speech to over 100 people in the last week. Work has been busy. But it always is,true.
My social life is nothing to be proud of-I'll be the first to tell you that. Quite frankly, one of my dearest friends just moved back to Alabama, so I'm sure I'll have plenty of time on my hands. Yet, the amount of time I've actually spent at my apartment in the last 2-3 weeks seems so little.
I took my 18 month old nephew and 10 year old cousin to the zoo last week. And I clearly don't live the mom life on a daily basis-so I expected a challenge. And quite frankly, expected myself to overcome. But zoo + no naptime+heat +long day....I was ready for bed by 7pm that night! I got up and ran a 5k in scorching heat the next morning. Made a somewhat wise decision to sit out on canoeing. Then enjoyed one my all time favorite Orrville days of the year at the fireworks with three of the people I hold most dear. And barely woke up to make it to church the next morning.
So this is a lot of rambling. I know, G-House, get to the point. So the point is, I haven't been feeling myself, quite frankly. But I thought, between the mess that sometimes entraps my mind and the amount of things on my plate, I just had overdone it. And I was praying for a day of rest just to catch up. (That day was actually going to be today...but then I had to get new tires, shop with mom, blah blah blah)....So my neck has been hurting, my glands have been all swollen, I haven't had much endurance to exercise or run, and I've just lost my get up and go, quite frankly. I broke down and did some labs at work yesterday. Not expecting anything to be wrong, because I've given myself the diagnosis of overload about 2 weeks ago and just have failed to treat it.
But, so the story goes. I have mono again. So I'm sure I'll blog lots more now that I'm going to make myself rest!!
God's funny sometimes. My devotions have had a recurrent "resting in Him" theme the last few weeks, actually. I've felt on the inside that pull to just take some down time, get a book, lay low. But I've ignored it. I can certainly testify to knowing the movement of the Holy Spirit inside of me-the times with patients where they need encouragement or need more than just my medical services. The times friends need a listening ear, or family. The times I'm burdened to change in my own life. And the Spirit has been leading in my quiet times. But this stubborn will inside of me, it's hard to break. And so, sometimes, God chooses to speak to me in language I understand. Give me the diagnosis Lord, that the only prescription is rest. Give me that time to remember to depend on you as my prescription. BAM, Jesus Says....fix this one on your own Andrea!! I'm rarely a sick one, but I've found in the world of medicine, that a problem with the physical self is often an opportunity to get the spiritual self healthy again, too. But, Lord-inside I'm learning, I'm growing. And yet, He keeps just encouraging me to wait, and listen...
The last couple weeks have been so busy. Catching up at work has yet to happen since my doctor had went on vacation. (Tangent: Actually, the whole reason I propped up the computer right now was to do some of my electronic charts. Not to blog. Work clearly isn't happening, though.) I've had some ups and downs at work-it's so very hard not to bear some of the pain and trials of my patients. Since I've last updated I lost one of my most dear patients. I've had 3 people that I've broken the "C" word to. And I must have given the "you have allergies"speech to over 100 people in the last week. Work has been busy. But it always is,true.
My social life is nothing to be proud of-I'll be the first to tell you that. Quite frankly, one of my dearest friends just moved back to Alabama, so I'm sure I'll have plenty of time on my hands. Yet, the amount of time I've actually spent at my apartment in the last 2-3 weeks seems so little.
I took my 18 month old nephew and 10 year old cousin to the zoo last week. And I clearly don't live the mom life on a daily basis-so I expected a challenge. And quite frankly, expected myself to overcome. But zoo + no naptime+heat +long day....I was ready for bed by 7pm that night! I got up and ran a 5k in scorching heat the next morning. Made a somewhat wise decision to sit out on canoeing. Then enjoyed one my all time favorite Orrville days of the year at the fireworks with three of the people I hold most dear. And barely woke up to make it to church the next morning.
So this is a lot of rambling. I know, G-House, get to the point. So the point is, I haven't been feeling myself, quite frankly. But I thought, between the mess that sometimes entraps my mind and the amount of things on my plate, I just had overdone it. And I was praying for a day of rest just to catch up. (That day was actually going to be today...but then I had to get new tires, shop with mom, blah blah blah)....So my neck has been hurting, my glands have been all swollen, I haven't had much endurance to exercise or run, and I've just lost my get up and go, quite frankly. I broke down and did some labs at work yesterday. Not expecting anything to be wrong, because I've given myself the diagnosis of overload about 2 weeks ago and just have failed to treat it.
But, so the story goes. I have mono again. So I'm sure I'll blog lots more now that I'm going to make myself rest!!
God's funny sometimes. My devotions have had a recurrent "resting in Him" theme the last few weeks, actually. I've felt on the inside that pull to just take some down time, get a book, lay low. But I've ignored it. I can certainly testify to knowing the movement of the Holy Spirit inside of me-the times with patients where they need encouragement or need more than just my medical services. The times friends need a listening ear, or family. The times I'm burdened to change in my own life. And the Spirit has been leading in my quiet times. But this stubborn will inside of me, it's hard to break. And so, sometimes, God chooses to speak to me in language I understand. Give me the diagnosis Lord, that the only prescription is rest. Give me that time to remember to depend on you as my prescription. BAM, Jesus Says....fix this one on your own Andrea!! I'm rarely a sick one, but I've found in the world of medicine, that a problem with the physical self is often an opportunity to get the spiritual self healthy again, too. But, Lord-inside I'm learning, I'm growing. And yet, He keeps just encouraging me to wait, and listen...

No comments:
Post a Comment