Tuesday, August 14, 2012

August 14


Sometimes it's hard to grasp God's concept of time-especially in view of our understanding of time. Isn't this little devotional so true? I came to this devotional this morning after what was a really discouraging day at work yesterday. There are stretches of time at work that seem like I'm not really doing enough-I'm not reaching my potential. Knowing that and feeling that is not a welcome feeling. But, then, it seems like there come seasons where my heart gets poured out over and over and over... Yesterday was a hard day-I almost felt like I couldn't do enough to get the job done or "fix the problem." Playing an intimate role in people's live...such a privilege to make that my life's work, but at times it's hard. One of those times where I realize my limitations and found myself thankful to know a Big God!

This blog was going to be my way of chronically my running and "growth." We're all constantly growing, right? Tree's grow upward...I love that picture in Psalms 1 about being a tree planted by streams of water. I want to be a flourishing tree with pretty leaves and lots of fruit!  So, I've felt a little shy of blogging, because quite frankly the last 2 months I've just felt stagnant. I've been tired. To go from the "high" and "self-pride (if you will) after finishing a half marathon, to feeling gross with mono--not the easiest. More transitions are coming, and I'm excited to see what's next. Planned transitions are much more welcomed than unplanned ones-that's for sure!!  I've had lots of blogging ideas to write about and things to share, but I've just spent little time on my computer. Good thing!

But I need to get back on it. 1. Shannon leaves in less than a week! And I know since she's planning a new blog, she will be happy if she see's new posts on her blogroll from, well me of course :) Haaaaa, I like to pretend she really loves me. Oh I'm so excited for what the next year brings for her. 2. I like writing, it's therapeutic. And I like going back go see where my mind/heart was at a certain time. 3. (This is for Shan). Maybe if I post our "shared" devotional online, Sean will find me. hahhaha. No, that's not really why I posted.

Okay. I really am writing as I've been waiting for Misty May to come on Good Morning America before I left for work. Sigh, I loved the Olympics. The second half was a little slower, but how fun! But, sadly, I need to bust a move and get myself to work. More soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment