Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Things that make me happy

So, for some who made read this blog: You and I both had expected to be able to visit this page this week and read a chronicling of God working in my beloved Nepal-pictures and stories of my dear friends there, my teammates, the beautiful country itself. But, as that door was closed, instead I'll choose to dedicate one little post to just a few things that made me happy while I was "resting" for the week I was home:


I actually took a picture of the television. Who does that?!?  And it's ironic that it's the first picture that uploaded, because in my heart it's not my most happy item (so don't judge me!) working my way down. Probably quite opposite actually. However, I'm not going to lie, I enjoy watching Kelly. And bonus that Olympian Gabby Douglas was on. Michael cracks me up. Like my friend Brooke, I would enjoy this as my job. But even more, I enjoy watching it from my couch during an hour that is usually most busy at work!

Next. I had some time to make a few homemade recipes. There's things in this picture that I love actually. My mug from Scott Shafer pottery.So beautiful, and functional!! My fun Fiesta plates from my dear friend Sara. And on that note, Sara's encouragement. And her love for chocolate chip cookies. I'm so glad she's just a text message away!  

 This is true. I rested! This special pillow gift made that extra wonderful! Highly recommended!

 While I was off, I was able to chat with some of my Nepali friends. Strange, though, that as we chatted, my phone seemed to want me to go to Tanzania. Zigs, did you get in my phone somehow?!?!   I had to take a picture of it, be Tanzania go. Wow. 
I'm super blessed to have a best friend of LOTS of years. I love her sense of humor-she made sure I came home to a happy greeting and flowers. Thank you Jess!!

 Being home allowed me to celebrate some important birthdays of a few people very very dear to me! Happy 21st Rachel!!
 And Owen and Pa-#4 for Owen! I just love this family-Pa and Mimi included!!
 And little man Landon Pierce turned 2! What a big boy he's becoming. The day I returned home and just found myself a little grumpy...a trip to Toys R Us with this little dude, capped off with Chick Fil A--Instant smiles!!
And....Charles :)  Couldn't have a beautiful 60 degree November weekend without getting out and enjoying. A beautiful hike at Mohican, seeing water (why don't I live close to a beach?!?), a good workout on some pretty steep hills, and a tired puppy=great day!!

1 comment:

  1. Love this post! Have friend from Tanzania meet through Habitat. You would enjoy her.

    ReplyDelete