Monday, October 29, 2012

A shelter in the time of storm...

If I was on my A game, I'd have a super cute picture to go with this post. But what the A game would mean, is that I was enthusiastic enough to jump off the couch and run downstairs to get my camera. And quite frankly, I'm oh so comfortable under the blanket looking out Stark's huge windows watching the storm (The storm meaning...Sandy...FRANKEN storm...who we are now affectionately calling Frank) start showing evidence of itself up in New York....the winds are causing the trees to sway widely back and forth and there are gusts of leaves the pass by the window.

As a side note, I certainly do love Stark and Dan's new house. I love being with Stark. To have those handful of friends where just being close to them, no matter what you're doing, brings that inner sense of just rest. And I most certainly love their little son, Cam! Stark is working on taking down wall paper, and Dan is working at the kitchen table. And their dog Riley is just sleeping. I'm happy here!

It's a weird thing inside-to have a huge desire to return to a land and people that I just love...and to eagerly desire to serve and help NO MATTER the length of the trip, the uncomfortable bus rides and long plane rides, the sacrifices of taking off work...but then to weigh out ..."even going straight to the center of the largest storm the east coast has seen in 75 years." Yowsers, thats not quite what I was expecting to have to be okay with. The stress of being on the phone for long times with the airlines...actually they already rescheduled half of my flight to get to DC...not from my origin, but from my layover. Real smart. It's just a weird feeling inside of me right now, I don't quite know what to feel. I just know that, physically, my body is wanting a little bit of time to just slow down. 

So I'm just hanging out waiting. And honestly, just so very glad to be here with my Stark :)

2 comments:

  1. Just to let you know the main season I clocked on this blog post is because I could imagine you singing this hymn. .. hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So strange how those old hymns just pop in my head :) Has that habit rubbed off on you, too ?? :)


    I have lots of blog topics I want to write, I'm going to try and do a better job for you!

    ReplyDelete