Saturday, March 24, 2012

green pastures...

Just enjoying a little rest on a Saturday afternoon. I've been getting a little slack from a few people (Dana Stanger) that it's time for an update. Why have you no love for Pi Day?


In my mind, I'm already to the beach. Excluding my break from work to go to Nepal (which really was not like vacation as far as rest goes!), I've not had a vacation for a long time. Like too long in my book. The burnout in healthcare can be real...taking care of everyone else sometimes necessitates taking some time off to take care of yourself :) 


Spring makes me happy. New life is so refreshing. I love seeing the trees budding and all the bulbs pushing their way through the soil. I love having the windows down driving. Ahh and driving, I also love driving my new Volvo, with the sunroof open :)


Know what else I love. My old softball girls. Two of the high points of my week were seeing one of them perform her senior musical and take one of the leads as Dorothy in the Wiz and the other was a nice patio chat with Brittany at Panchos hearing about life as nursing student about to dive into the working world. It's happy to see people becoming something and share in that growth. I love it. And Shannon got her acceptance-the real deal-to head over to France this fall! I'm already thinking through what life will be like with her on the other side of the ocean. Sigh, don't worry Shan, I"ll be okay :)







Psalms 23:2
He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he restores my soul.

Time for a Saturday afternoon nap....dreaming about the ocean and the beach.
PS: post nap Hunger Games. Super excited girl! Have you read those books? You should!!



No comments:

Post a Comment