Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Would you please call me Cordelia?

In my childhood brain, I adore Anne of Green Gables. I'm overdue to watch the movies, and long overdue to sit down and re-read the books. So the story goes, apparently if I could eat lunch with anyone living or dead, I'd choose Anne. Somehow that answer got me into my PA program amongst the 300 other people vying for those 30 seats. Thanks, Anne!!

Why's Anne on the mind today? Well, because I adore her naive wisdom...! She believed the world had the potential to be a better place, and that she had the power inside her to make a difference. What I find most, well kindred, though, is how she so dearly valued people.
 
"A bosom friend--an intimate friend, you know--a really kindred spirit to whom I can confide my inmost soul."
 "Kindred spirits are not so scarce as I used to think. It's splendid to find out there are so many of them in the world."

I spent a lovely weekend with one of my most dear kindred spirits in Saratoga Springs, NY. It was nice to get away from everything, yet still find so much joy and relaxation just sharing day-to-day life. And she's super cute and pregnant. And I love her family, and her dog. And she knows me so well and loves me just as I am. She's my bosom friend. (Sidenote: I think lots of people name their first child after their bosom friends, Steph just misspelled Abigale. Well, I think...??  We missed you this weekend Steph and Zigs!!)

I count it such a blessing to be surrounded by so many people I love so dearly-near and far! Two of those friends are in Tanzania...I need to figure out how to get there...soon! That seems to be on my mind today.

 And just for old time's sake...

Happy Wednesday! It's going to be a beautiful day....and someone is going to be happy about that!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment