I'm sure you've just been on the edge of your seats awaiting the dual meaning of this cryptic title. Right?
So last weekend also brought a fun Saturday with Rachel and Shawn. Which prompted....dun dun dun, a blog idea!
One thing that makes me excessively happy is witnessing growth. Watching people I love "Hit The Trail" if you will and take off. Over the last few weeks I've so enjoyed listening and watching Rachel's excitement as she explores her place in changing this world through politics. We went out to a Jim Renacci campaign stop (...he was hitting the trail, too!-ha!) and then went shopping for a business suit. Sigh, she's growing up right in front of my eyes. I just love sharing with people as they develop passions and find joy. That is one thing that makes me happy.
So last weekend also brought a fun Saturday with Rachel and Shawn. Which prompted....dun dun dun, a blog idea!
One thing that makes me excessively happy is witnessing growth. Watching people I love "Hit The Trail" if you will and take off. Over the last few weeks I've so enjoyed listening and watching Rachel's excitement as she explores her place in changing this world through politics. We went out to a Jim Renacci campaign stop (...he was hitting the trail, too!-ha!) and then went shopping for a business suit. Sigh, she's growing up right in front of my eyes. I just love sharing with people as they develop passions and find joy. That is one thing that makes me happy.
Just some notable mentions for today. (You can click pic to enlarge) Clockwise:
1. Alex's testimony encapsulates this joy! Serving alongside of him in Nepal and learning how God brought him from the this projection of finding all of life's purpose in business success to serving on the mission field and being sensitive to that still small voice in his heart...his story was a huge blessing to me at a time when I was pleading with God to give me oodles of reminders that He is still moving. God was so faithful in doing that, Alex's endurance through trials is a picture of growth and is still an encouragement to me.
2. Rachel and Rick...I love seeing her passion come alive and her sincere belief that she has the ability to make a difference in this world. Whether its through medical work, through missions, through friendships, through politics. This girl shares my heart.
3. Shannon and the Stoners. Sigh, this almost brings a tear. Shannon is taking the next year to serve as a nanny for the Stoners as they do language training in France in preparation to serve as missionary pilots in Togo. As I've watched Shannon "try to figure out what's next in life," I've watched her patiently wait for what God has in store for her. I'm just so excited what's next, what a neat family to serve and grow with! A heart that's willing to serve others, that is a happy thing.
4. Little brother dude. He's growing up and figuring things out. Choosing to serve our country away from home, I respect that. I pray for you little dude!
5. My Zigs, currently living in the bush of Tanzania with the Wasi people. Learning to love a new culture, learn a new language, being away from the comforts of the US. That all brings growth, and even far away, I love our talks and seeing her growth. She has a beautiful heart.
6. JRK. He encourages me and is my tangible picture of endurance. His goal is running 12 races in 12 months! I love that he's given himself a project to make better changes for himself. He's an overcomer who always sees the positive, I'm glad I can call a former boss-man a dear friend!
7. My dear softball girls. Sigh, watching them grow up just blesses my heart. My first pitcher graduates with her nursing degree this year!
8. My dear Emily. So much wisdom in a such a little package. She's always been so transparent in sharing her ever so malleable heart with me-good times and bad! Watching her life as she grows makes me happy!
9. Owen. His curiosity in figuring out life is perfect picture of growth, all the questions and all the joy in figuring it out. I especially heart hearing how his prayers have changed as he's figured out more what prayer is all about. On a side note, watching one of my dearest friends grow into an amazing mom also blesses my heart!
Growth is good. Growth can be hard. Some good encouragement came my way this week, and it's had my mind chewing on Colossians 1:10-14 (NIV)
10 so that you may live a life worthy of the Lord and please him in every way: bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God, 11 being strengthened with all power according to his glorious might so that you may have great endurance and patience, 12 and giving joyful thanks to the Father, who has qualified you[a] to share in the inheritance of his holy people in the kingdom of light.
As I continue to grow, how do I live a life that's worthy, what am I growing towards, whats the measuring stick? Paul gives us some advice here. Growth does happen actively:
*we shall bear fruit in every good work(INSERT growth through service),
*grow in the knowledge of God (INSERT growth through faithfulness in study and prayer), and
*we should give joyful thanks (INSERT growth comes with gratitude and remembering God's
faithfulness!)
But there is one passive action there,too. He says we should be strengthened according to his glorious might so that we can have endurance and patience. We can't actively change "His might." And for someone who wants to stubbornly be in control, I am learning that to gain the endurance and patience that I so desperately do desire, I am in His hands and not mine. Growth can happen passively, God takes time to strengthen us and build endurance. Who's been there? Anyone want to comment on that?
(..and a special thank you to MikeStark for giving me some things to chew on...and for encouragement, and for moving to Wadsworth to keep a StarkClan in my reach when a dose of a Stark is just the right prescription!!)
I have a million other people that make me happy and grateful. I'll write about all of them. This was just a little taste! Happy Leap Day my friends!!

I love you. :)
ReplyDelete