Oh, hello!
Here's a little Sunday lesson for you. I've been knee deep in research this morning re: origin of the word "niner." Not really. But you'd be interested to know the many definitions:
1. A niner is not just what you call freshman at high school it can also be anyone at any age. Anybody who messes something up in their life is considered a niner.
2. The ultimate and unbeatable rack in beer pong. Sink the first cup and ask for a rerack: the niner in a power I formation. You can't lose, it's physics.
3. Niner is a versatile word that can basically mean any word that you didn't feel like trying to think of at the moment. It can also be an exclamation, an insult, or a substitute for a name. Alternate spelling: 9er
4.A great amongst greats, a god amongst men-- a member of the San Francisco 49ers, the only team to win at least 10 regular season games for 14 straight years, and one of three teams to win the super bowl five times.
5. a 9mm pistol
6. A Star Trek Fan who believes Deep Space Nine is the best Star Trek.
I love urban dictionary. But that's just a side note.
Nine notes from nine mile week:
1. What you have for dinner the night before a long run DOES matter. Mexican not wise, specifically refried beans. Sorry, but thats real.
2. Running with friends always trumps running alone in my book.
3. 9 miles is a long way physically, on foot, but it is mentally, too. Nearing the end of the run I had near hallucinations I was an Olympic runner. Absurd as it is, it got me to my destination. Me and Enrique, as of course he was running with me this week also.
4. I don't think I can stretch my calves enough, ever. I got new neighbors yesterday, and I welcomed them by standing on the stairs stretching my calves for a good 20 minutes post run...so unfortunately they mostly got to see my backside.
5. Breakfast is important. Three cheers for banana's and peanut butter-my favorite pre run fuel!
6. I love my smart wool socks. My feet dont even know they are sweating.
7. I also love my sweatybands headband...big heads tend to sweat alot.
8. A special fashion note for Shannon, feeling good in your running clothes is key. It's fun to have special running gear. I goofed and wore a regular beater under my shirt this week...it didn't like to stay put. Next week, back to real gear. No straying.
9. I'm excited for Canton!! Only 62 days away...man oh man, I certainly never thought I'd make it to 9. Here I come 13.1!!
Here's a little Sunday lesson for you. I've been knee deep in research this morning re: origin of the word "niner." Not really. But you'd be interested to know the many definitions:
1. A niner is not just what you call freshman at high school it can also be anyone at any age. Anybody who messes something up in their life is considered a niner.
2. The ultimate and unbeatable rack in beer pong. Sink the first cup and ask for a rerack: the niner in a power I formation. You can't lose, it's physics.
3. Niner is a versatile word that can basically mean any word that you didn't feel like trying to think of at the moment. It can also be an exclamation, an insult, or a substitute for a name. Alternate spelling: 9er
4.A great amongst greats, a god amongst men-- a member of the San Francisco 49ers, the only team to win at least 10 regular season games for 14 straight years, and one of three teams to win the super bowl five times.
5. a 9mm pistol
6. A Star Trek Fan who believes Deep Space Nine is the best Star Trek.
I love urban dictionary. But that's just a side note.
Nine notes from nine mile week:
1. What you have for dinner the night before a long run DOES matter. Mexican not wise, specifically refried beans. Sorry, but thats real.
2. Running with friends always trumps running alone in my book.
3. 9 miles is a long way physically, on foot, but it is mentally, too. Nearing the end of the run I had near hallucinations I was an Olympic runner. Absurd as it is, it got me to my destination. Me and Enrique, as of course he was running with me this week also.
4. I don't think I can stretch my calves enough, ever. I got new neighbors yesterday, and I welcomed them by standing on the stairs stretching my calves for a good 20 minutes post run...so unfortunately they mostly got to see my backside.
5. Breakfast is important. Three cheers for banana's and peanut butter-my favorite pre run fuel!
6. I love my smart wool socks. My feet dont even know they are sweating.
7. I also love my sweatybands headband...big heads tend to sweat alot.
8. A special fashion note for Shannon, feeling good in your running clothes is key. It's fun to have special running gear. I goofed and wore a regular beater under my shirt this week...it didn't like to stay put. Next week, back to real gear. No straying.
9. I'm excited for Canton!! Only 62 days away...man oh man, I certainly never thought I'd make it to 9. Here I come 13.1!!
I'm really enjoying this little running adventure. I'm really blessed to have fun encouraging friends. So here's my special shout out to Shannon, Kim, Dana, Lisa, Jon, Sarah, Jess, and Nate. ....And Charles, your run is coming soon buddy. (Don't be suprised, he does read my blog, too!!)
Just a few of my friends..... :)
Happy Sunday my friends.
.jpg)

No comments:
Post a Comment