OOooh what a love hate relationship I have with this running adventure. Not good runs over the weekend.
1. It was freezing cold and wet and I didnt' drink and I wore my old shoes and I only ate cheese for breakfast and I didnt drink enough water and I had fruit snacks for dinner the night before and I failed on my midweek runs the previous week and..... (read it just like that, no punctuation, no breaths where you want commas-ha!)....
2. Running on Sunday was my way of making up for bad run on Saturday....only to find my body was still not up for a run.
3. I have not had a run with Shannon for awhile. Yes Shannon, it affects me.
4. I had a nightmare-for real-that my legs stopped working in downtown Canton....it was somewhere in the course of the half marathon...far from Chick Fil A (that I was certain of).
5. I want a good run, the post run euphoria is real and desirable! But without the mental endurance, I went into slight withdrawal.
Then. I had a 12 hour day at work, that could have lasted 15 but I cut myself off. Then Tuesday there was no time to run. Headed towards failure again.
Theeeeeeeeeeen the heavens parted and a great light shone down on me. I heard the angels singing (to the tune of the Lion King jungle song...you know...). I was filled with the warmth of the sunshine. And I went back at it again today with renewed confidence. This time hydrated and rested. (and without Enrique...you holding him hostage Dana/Kim???)
And it felt so much better. Running is a fun journey, I'm learning so much about myself. I don't always care if I sprint to the finish, but I like to. Sometimes I justify walking for 10 seconds like a half a mile from the finish then building up just so I have the energy to finish strong. I also have a bit of a "transition problem." This is applicable to life as well, I don't like change. I also dont like going from the resting to running state. I have this mini panic attack like into the first 4-5 minutes I'm running, I breathe like a crazy woman, my heart races, and I have a HUGE sense of impending doom (okay, maybe an overexaggeration...maybe not...)...but once I harness the mental game, it settles down. For those wondering, yes there's a physiological cause for that. But sometimes my body can't process my college education while I'm putting it through this. So all this to say, I hope I'm out of the Funk.
I'm excited for Jess and Nate's upcoming runs. Hahaha runs, ooh it makes me chuckle. I have a great mental picture of Jess and I in our retirement years working out at the YMCA. I love those old folks that do that. Perhaps then it would be appropriate to wear matching windsuits.
Prayers for better weather ahead, I don't like running in the chilly, dreary weather!!
1. It was freezing cold and wet and I didnt' drink and I wore my old shoes and I only ate cheese for breakfast and I didnt drink enough water and I had fruit snacks for dinner the night before and I failed on my midweek runs the previous week and..... (read it just like that, no punctuation, no breaths where you want commas-ha!)....
2. Running on Sunday was my way of making up for bad run on Saturday....only to find my body was still not up for a run.
3. I have not had a run with Shannon for awhile. Yes Shannon, it affects me.
4. I had a nightmare-for real-that my legs stopped working in downtown Canton....it was somewhere in the course of the half marathon...far from Chick Fil A (that I was certain of).
5. I want a good run, the post run euphoria is real and desirable! But without the mental endurance, I went into slight withdrawal.
Then. I had a 12 hour day at work, that could have lasted 15 but I cut myself off. Then Tuesday there was no time to run. Headed towards failure again.
Theeeeeeeeeeen the heavens parted and a great light shone down on me. I heard the angels singing (to the tune of the Lion King jungle song...you know...). I was filled with the warmth of the sunshine. And I went back at it again today with renewed confidence. This time hydrated and rested. (and without Enrique...you holding him hostage Dana/Kim???)
And it felt so much better. Running is a fun journey, I'm learning so much about myself. I don't always care if I sprint to the finish, but I like to. Sometimes I justify walking for 10 seconds like a half a mile from the finish then building up just so I have the energy to finish strong. I also have a bit of a "transition problem." This is applicable to life as well, I don't like change. I also dont like going from the resting to running state. I have this mini panic attack like into the first 4-5 minutes I'm running, I breathe like a crazy woman, my heart races, and I have a HUGE sense of impending doom (okay, maybe an overexaggeration...maybe not...)...but once I harness the mental game, it settles down. For those wondering, yes there's a physiological cause for that. But sometimes my body can't process my college education while I'm putting it through this. So all this to say, I hope I'm out of the Funk.
I'm excited for Jess and Nate's upcoming runs. Hahaha runs, ooh it makes me chuckle. I have a great mental picture of Jess and I in our retirement years working out at the YMCA. I love those old folks that do that. Perhaps then it would be appropriate to wear matching windsuits.
Prayers for better weather ahead, I don't like running in the chilly, dreary weather!!
No comments:
Post a Comment