I've been really enjoying reading through some of my old journals. What treasures!
Here's one I enjoy going back and reading-may you enjoy it as well! Scribbled down in my journal from my mission trip to Zambia, Africa in 2009, from a morning devotional by my teammate, Erma.
Here's one I enjoy going back and reading-may you enjoy it as well! Scribbled down in my journal from my mission trip to Zambia, Africa in 2009, from a morning devotional by my teammate, Erma.
Let your heart be broken for a world in need
Feed the mouths that hunger, soothe the wounds that bleed
Give the cup of water and the loaf of bread
Be the hands of Jesus, serving in his stead
Here on earth applying principles of love
Visible expression God still rules above
Living illustration of the Living Word
To the minds of all who've never seen and heard
Blest be to be a blessing, priveleged to care
Challenged by the need apparent everywhere
Where mankind is wanting, fill the vacant place
Be the means thru which the Lord reveals His grace
Let your heart be tender and your vision clear
See mankind as god sees, serve Him far and near
Let your heart be broken by your brothers pain
Share yoru rich resources-give and give again!
Bryan Jeffery Leech
Really enjoying this rainy spring night in Ohio-catching up on laundry, cleaning up my apartment, reading through some of my medical journals that have been neglected the past few months...and a nice glass of wine :) Praying through preparation for Nepal, 2012. Even just the thought of seeing some of my dear friends-Jenny, Janelle, Gene, Andy, Fahad, Ambesh, Natalie-has my cup overflowing with happy! I wish I could capture the spirit of the people of western Nepal, the sweet translators, the missionaries vision, the joy amongst the simplicity...all of it-I wish I could bottle it up and share it with my friends back home. So blessed by the opportunities God has given me.
No comments:
Post a Comment