I'm sitting in my apartment with the windows open...if I close my eyes and throw logic "to the wind", it almost sounds like the wind ripping through the silver maples mimics the sound of the constancy of the waves hitting the beach. It's weird, the wind keeps coming in these predictable "gusts." I love it.
After talking to one of my friends in Nepal today, I can't help but jot down "some gratitude." I certainly do love the Nepali people-oh how much they have blessed me! The things I've learned when there, well, I'm not sure I can capture them in words. The people have a sense of family, they take care of each other. Simple things bring joy. They live off the land, they aren't wasteful. The rely on their faith-it's real to them. They work hard. Their conditions in Western Nepal are so desolate compared to the USA. We are a blessed nation. I'm grateful to be an American.
So, that was a tangent. Fahad explains the situation in Nepal this way: "Well our country was to get the constitution ie new one after the reign of king was over. It has now been 4 years since the politicians were trying to make a new one. They have failed miserably and now have announced new elections for November 22 2012. Before the date on which they were to announce the new Constitution. There was a lot of chaos in the country, demanding for the timely formulation of the new constitution. So there was "bandhs" strike and the whole country came to a stand still. There was lack of everything here in Kathmandu and rest of the country like medicines,oxygen, cooking gas, petrol, diesel and kerosene and lots other."
This makes me so mad-just take away the medicine and the supplies the doctors and the hospitals need...what a way to show the people whats up!! And to really restore their faith in the governement-cut off life saving supplies! It makes me angry. But then, reflective, too. What we take for granted in America-this election year when everyone has something bad to say about someone in government. At least our medication shortages are more due to business failures than government take over...well sort of. I won't get started on that.
One of my previous softball players is serving in a clinic in Sudan this summer. They need prayer there BIG TIME!! The world is alot bigger than America....I challenge you all to keep up on whats happening worldwide and pray for those serving overseas. Remember to pray for Nepal, too....the next election falls just after the time our team is scheduled to have our medical camp. We are praying there is not riots like the last time and that the path is clear to go-or perhaps more wise would be to pray for wisdom as our team leader makes decision about our trip and the Lord make his will for our trip clear :)
After talking to one of my friends in Nepal today, I can't help but jot down "some gratitude." I certainly do love the Nepali people-oh how much they have blessed me! The things I've learned when there, well, I'm not sure I can capture them in words. The people have a sense of family, they take care of each other. Simple things bring joy. They live off the land, they aren't wasteful. The rely on their faith-it's real to them. They work hard. Their conditions in Western Nepal are so desolate compared to the USA. We are a blessed nation. I'm grateful to be an American.
So, that was a tangent. Fahad explains the situation in Nepal this way: "Well our country was to get the constitution ie new one after the reign of king was over. It has now been 4 years since the politicians were trying to make a new one. They have failed miserably and now have announced new elections for November 22 2012. Before the date on which they were to announce the new Constitution. There was a lot of chaos in the country, demanding for the timely formulation of the new constitution. So there was "bandhs" strike and the whole country came to a stand still. There was lack of everything here in Kathmandu and rest of the country like medicines,oxygen, cooking gas, petrol, diesel and kerosene and lots other."
This makes me so mad-just take away the medicine and the supplies the doctors and the hospitals need...what a way to show the people whats up!! And to really restore their faith in the governement-cut off life saving supplies! It makes me angry. But then, reflective, too. What we take for granted in America-this election year when everyone has something bad to say about someone in government. At least our medication shortages are more due to business failures than government take over...well sort of. I won't get started on that.
One of my previous softball players is serving in a clinic in Sudan this summer. They need prayer there BIG TIME!! The world is alot bigger than America....I challenge you all to keep up on whats happening worldwide and pray for those serving overseas. Remember to pray for Nepal, too....the next election falls just after the time our team is scheduled to have our medical camp. We are praying there is not riots like the last time and that the path is clear to go-or perhaps more wise would be to pray for wisdom as our team leader makes decision about our trip and the Lord make his will for our trip clear :)
No comments:
Post a Comment