Oh just a quicky run update.
It's two weeks til the race. Feeling jitters already. What if my lungs close off? What if I can't lift my legs up because they feel like sandbags? What if I get all nauseaous and lose it like those serious runners. Pssshhh sike I don't think that.. Okay, No, acutally those thoughts really go through my head, I'm not lying. I'll take a "placebo" Prozac before the race-it's mostly mental anyways-ha!!
.....Running friends went all for one and one for all today. Did. not. enjoy. runningbymyself. So easy to be lazier and slow down. Aaaand, smart one that I am also chose not to bring my iPOD because I was going to be social runner today. Loooots of time to de-clutter my mind :)
Still having a little foot pain from my Silvercreek fall.I could feel it when I was running....but even more could feel my dag-um calves. Stark, for serious...will you come out and fix them. All those years and you didn't tell me at one point I may feel like I was going to have a gastroc rupture.
So, notes to self pre-race.
1. Stretch calves good. And then stretch them again.
2. Stay with the quinoa. I feel good when I eat that the days before the race.
3. The smart wool socks really do make a difference. No socks last two weeks-lots of blisters. With socks, no new blisters. Totally worth the cost of the socks in my book. Make sure they are washed.
4. Need to pre-medicate with some Advil on race day. That will help my foot. I'm hoping there isn't a mini stress fracture there, I feel it most when I bear weight. I'm going to ignore it til after the race either way :)
5. Need to take Zyrtec a few days before race consistently. I hate being the one spitting that nasty snot out. Leave that to Dave Morris.
6. I'm happy with my current pants, socks, and sports bra. Just need to be happy about a shirt. (Which I'm heading down to my moms to see if my Amazon order came in. Most important is that it matches a Sweaty Band...important things I tell ya!)
7. New fan of Jelly Belly's Sport Beans. They help. They taste good. And they fit in my back pocket. Must buy more before race. Fruit punch is recommended.
8. Dr. Kontak...Jess...? Seriously. Run it with me??
So grateful for my running friends. I love my Saturday mornings with them!!
It's two weeks til the race. Feeling jitters already. What if my lungs close off? What if I can't lift my legs up because they feel like sandbags? What if I get all nauseaous and lose it like those serious runners. Pssshhh sike I don't think that.. Okay, No, acutally those thoughts really go through my head, I'm not lying. I'll take a "placebo" Prozac before the race-it's mostly mental anyways-ha!!
.....Running friends went all for one and one for all today. Did. not. enjoy. runningbymyself. So easy to be lazier and slow down. Aaaand, smart one that I am also chose not to bring my iPOD because I was going to be social runner today. Loooots of time to de-clutter my mind :)
Still having a little foot pain from my Silvercreek fall.I could feel it when I was running....but even more could feel my dag-um calves. Stark, for serious...will you come out and fix them. All those years and you didn't tell me at one point I may feel like I was going to have a gastroc rupture.
So, notes to self pre-race.
1. Stretch calves good. And then stretch them again.
2. Stay with the quinoa. I feel good when I eat that the days before the race.
3. The smart wool socks really do make a difference. No socks last two weeks-lots of blisters. With socks, no new blisters. Totally worth the cost of the socks in my book. Make sure they are washed.
4. Need to pre-medicate with some Advil on race day. That will help my foot. I'm hoping there isn't a mini stress fracture there, I feel it most when I bear weight. I'm going to ignore it til after the race either way :)
5. Need to take Zyrtec a few days before race consistently. I hate being the one spitting that nasty snot out. Leave that to Dave Morris.
6. I'm happy with my current pants, socks, and sports bra. Just need to be happy about a shirt. (Which I'm heading down to my moms to see if my Amazon order came in. Most important is that it matches a Sweaty Band...important things I tell ya!)
7. New fan of Jelly Belly's Sport Beans. They help. They taste good. And they fit in my back pocket. Must buy more before race. Fruit punch is recommended.
8. Dr. Kontak...Jess...? Seriously. Run it with me??
So grateful for my running friends. I love my Saturday mornings with them!!
No comments:
Post a Comment